Six visionary interior designers whose practices span the country from Los Angeles to Atlanta will interpret furniture maker Alden Parkes’ unique design sensibility in signature spaces in the Alden Parkes High Point showroom. The “Showhouse in a Showroom” concept, introduced at the Fall 2018 High Point Market, has reinvigorated the way furniture is displayed and viewed at market.
“It’s as exciting for us as it is for our customers to see what these top-notch designers can do with our pieces,” says Lynne McArdle, CEO of Alden Parkes, known for its high-style furniture using exotic woods, carved details, and striking artisanal finishes. Alden Parkes’ collections include both casegoods and upholstered furniture.
“We look forward to the fresh and surprising visions they bring,” continues McArdle. “Showhouses have long been sources of inspiration in the design world — with our ‘Showhouse in a Showroom’ we bring that beauty and innovation to the High Point Market.”
For the Fall 2019 Market Alden Parkes invited award-winning designers to create settings around the themes Traditional, Casual Living, and Modern Glamour. The designers, who have complete creative control over everything from wall colors to accessories, make the spaces their own using Alden Parkes furniture. In addition, the designers have access to partnering companies: tabletop products and accessories from Replacements Ltd.; bedding from Wildcat Territory; and rugs from Capa Home.
The six participating Showhouse in a Showroom designers include:
- Shannon Ggem, Agoura Hills, CA: With her love for older homes and a long list of award-winning projects in historic preservation and adaptive reuse, Ggem is a perfect fit for Alden Parkes’ Casual Living theme. Her work has been featured in, among others, the L.A. Times, Country Living, and Cottages & Bungalows and has been seen on ABC, HGTV, and NBC.
- Philip Gulotta, Greenwich, CT: Known for his deft mashups of traditional and modern design, Gulotta interprets Alden Parkes’ Modern Glamour theme with approachable sophistication. Gulotta, whose client list stretches from Manhattan to the Hamptons, has professional experience in high-end residential interior design, visual display and showroom design.
- Andre Hilton, Jordan Hilton Interiors, Atlanta, GA: Elegant, bold and eclectic, Andre Hilton’s layered style is a good match for Alden Parkes’ Modern Glamour theme. With a background in architecture, Hilton, who has served as a design consultant to HGTV’s Flipping Virgins, brings a strong spatial sense to his projects.
- Patti Johnson, Patti Johnson Interiors, Lebanon, OH: Positioned between Cincinnati and Dayton, Patti Johnson Interiors has served clients in Ohio, Michigan, and Kentucky for more than 20 years. A former president of the Interior Design Society of Ohio who is known for client-centered designs that are both stylish and approachable, Johnson is a natural for Alden Parkes’ Casual Living theme.
- Hannah Fulton Toney, J. Banks Group, Hilton Head Island, SC: Consistently ranked in the top 200 Interior Design Giants by Interior Design magazine, the J. Banks Group is internationally known for both its residential and hospitality designs. Toney’s love of classic style and keen eye for current trends align beautifully with Alden Parkes’ Traditional theme.
- Keita Turner, Keita Turner Design, New York, NY: Turner’s background of fashion shows in her love of color, texture and pattern — and works beautifully with Alden Parkes’ Traditional theme. Her award-winning firm works on residential, commercial, and retail projects and has been recognized with an International Design Award, a room vignette in Macy’s Herald Square store, and a place on the Black Interior Designers Network list of Top 20 African American Interior Designers.
The Alden Parkes showroom is open Thursday, October 18th through Wednesday, October 23rd from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Market-goers are invited to meet the showhouse designers in person at “Designer Celebration!”, a party with live music on Saturday, October 19 from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. The designers will also appear on a panel in the Alden Parkes showroom on Saturday, October 19 at 3:00 p.m. as part of the series of CEU accredited seminars co-sponsored by Alden Parkes and International Market Centers. The seminars are offered on Saturday, Sunday and Monday in the Alden Parkes Showroom.
In addition to “Showhouse in a Showroom,” Alden Parkes is continuing ‘Dining by Design’ in partnership with Replacements, an area of the showroom where market-goers will have an opportunity to tour dining room inspirations from seven designers representing a variety of lifestyle points of view. The ‘Dining by Design’ guest designers include Lindsey Coral Harper, Bryan Huffman, Leslie May, Kurt Jacob Miller & Luke Mack, Tish Mills, and Evette Rios.
On Monday evening, Alden Parkes and Replacements invite market-goers to “Third Night Gala: Bubbles & Baubles” to view the Showhouse in Showroom spaces and shop curated pieces from Replacements’ Estate Jewelry Collection.