Do you know someone who has good social skills, design talent, and an understanding of business? Dallas-based Groovystuff is offering an educational opportunity to a college student who wants to learn more about the manufacturing, importing, wholesale distribution, and trade show aspects of the residential home furnishings industry during the summer of 2012.
Groovystuff designs, produces, and distributes hospitality/contract and residential home furniture, lighting, and decor to the retail, hospitality, and design trade. The company is searching for a summer intern who can:
- Help implement his or her knowledge of business and design into real world R&D, manufacturing, container transport considerations, and the before-and-after market strategy associated with launching a new product.
- Utilize an educational understanding of CAD to help expedite lighting designs through the production process from Industrial Design undergraduates at Purdue University that are completing the Groovystuff Design Challenge in May 2012.
- Work directly with Lee Beatrous, Groovystuff’s Product Manager, to solve the aesthetic and production challenges with the new Purdue University lighting designs before the launch.
- Apply managerial, operations, and design skills by helping to engineer the initial showroom design, installation, and operation of the Groovystuff showrooms and The University Hall of Innovation and Job Creation at the Dallas International Lighting Market in June.
- Exercise leadership abilities and fine-tune public speaking skills by performing pre-market invitation calls and after-market follow-up calls from contacts and networks established at market.
- Assist in the accounting and interoffice administration of the billing, receiving, and distribution of incoming and outgoing product inventory, invoicing and customer receivables.
Follow this link to learn more about the Groovystuff Design Challenge.
- Third or Fourth Year Undergraduate in an accredited university program.
- Background in Furniture Design, Product Design, Interior Design, Architectural Design, Merchandising, Marketing, or other related discipline.
- Strong Communication and Writing Skills for Product Promotion.
- Proficient in CAD, Rhino, or equivalent.
- Organized and flexible with respect to time-sensitive obligations.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, Page Maker, and Microsoft Excel.
Location: Groovystuff Corporate, 3229 Halifax Street, Dallas, TX 75247
Duration: Full-Time, 3-Month Summer Internship: May 1-July 31, Monday through Friday 9 am to 6 pm.
Details: To apply, please submit your resume and portfolio in PDF format to Lee Beatrous no later than May 7.
Phone: 214-956-0536 | Toll Free: 800-933-0536
2 thoughts on “Groovystuff to Offer Summer Internship”