While the trade show component of LightFair 2020, originally scheduled for May in Las Vegas, was cancelled this year due to the pandemic, trade show organizers have – as promised – found a way to present selected courses from its 2020 Conference program online under its “LightFair Connect” series, which will be available from July 21 to 23, 2020.
Registration is required and there will be a monetary cost to attending, due to the extensiveness of the program (60- and 90-minute sessions) and the associated CEUs and Certification Maintenance Points that qualify for the American Institute of Architects (AIA), American Society of Interior Designers (ASID), American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA), Building Owners and Managers Association International (BOMA), Independent Institute for Property and Facility Management Education (BOMI), International Association of Lighting Designers (IALD), Interior Designers of Canada (IDC), Interior Design Continuing Education Council (IDCEC), International Interior Design Association (IIDA), Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), or Illuminating Engineering Society (IES).
The virtual conference will feature more than 60 hours of accredited courses and more than 50 sessions presented in seven educational tracks.
Underscoring the importance of LightFair as more than a product introduction platform, the annual conference has always had a well-attended and relevant roster of educational sessions. According to LightFair organizers, the LightFair Connect program was inspired by the demand for online learning that was expressed by the lighting community in the wake of the cancellation of the May event.
“Even in these unusual times, there’s no lockdown on learning,” notes Dan Darby, LightFair Show Director. “It’s important now more than ever for lighting professionals to update their knowledge and stay connected with the latest in the industry. LightFair Connect 2020 is designed to support professional growth, enrich knowledge, encourage the earning of professional credentials, and further expand industry connections from the comfort of home.”
LightFair Connect sessions will be presented as 60-minute and 90-minute webinars with time for attendees to interact with the speakers and ask questions after learning from pre-recorded sessions.
The seven educational tracks available that were set to debut at the 2020 Conference are:
- Application & Evidence-Based Design: Focuses on methodology, design trends, tools and insights used to enable project success in the field of lighting
- Design Tools: Covers the tools the industry may use to bring its designs to fruition
- Human Experience + Environment: Explores the influence of lighting on the human experience and the environment
- Innovation + Process: Explores sources of inspiration that inform the design process along with technology development
- Professional Practice: Focuses on the development and evolution of professional strategies
- Technology and Integration: Focuses on the design and specification of components and software that advance technology in the lighting industry
- Mix and Match: Samples courses from each of six niche tracks
Registration for LightFair Connect opens on June 24. Cost to attend is $40 for a 90-minute seminar and $30 for a 60-minute seminar. The full conference schedule and registration are available online at LightFair.com/conference.