Normally in June, there is a call for peer nominations for outstanding retailers, manufacturers, and sales representatives in various segments of the home furnishings industry, including lighting. In the past, those nominations led to a narrowed-down list of Finalists that are announced by fall, with official judging occurring in November.
As with most occurring in 2020, however, those plans have been changed by the global pandemic. On Friday, May 22, ART and the Dallas Market Center announced their decision to postpone the 32nd ARTS Awards until 2021-2022.
This does not mean the January Dallas market will be without a gala event.
“We are happy to announce a single-year alternative, the HEARTS Awards, uniting the industry to honor the generosity and selflessness that has – and is – occurring during this crisis,” read a statement released by ART – Accessories RESOURCE Team…the creative home furnishings network.
“Below is a list of industry organizations that have agreed to join ART and participate as we honor one honoree per organization who has exemplified heart-based leadership,” the statement continues. “This is a home furnishings industry first. The HEARTS Awards will take place on January 8, 2021 at the Hilton Anatole. Reservations will be available at a later date. The full list of honorees will be announced the first week of October.”
In addition to the HEARTS Awards, a special fundraising campaign will take place benefiting hunger relief. Industry members will be invited to create a one-of-a-kind artistically decorated dinner plate to be auctioned online to the highest bidder, raising funds to support a cause that has impacted every community in the U.S.
The participating organizations are:
- American Home Furnishings Hall of Fame
- American Home Furnishings Alliance
- American Lighting Association
- ART, the creative home furnishings network
- Gift for Life
- Interior Design Society
- International Casual Furnishings Association
- International Home Furnishings Representative Association
- International Society of Furniture Designers
- International Textile Alliance
- Sustainable Furnishings Council
- WithIt, the women’s leadership development network for the home and furnishings industry