During a festive party at Lightovation in Dallas, ceiling fan manufacturer Fanimation debuted its BlushBreeze portable USB-operated fan in a pink tone to raise awareness and funds for breast cancer research. The catalyst for the new model was renowned sales representative Karen Krieger – a principal partner, along with her husband Brad, of Cincinnati-based BC Lights sales agency – who was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2019.
“Karen is well-known and loved by many in the lighting and ceiling fan community,” says Kristina Christopher, VP/Sales & Marketing for Fanimation. “She is bravely fighting this disease, so we wanted to show our support for her and all of the other women and men battling breast cancer.”
A portion of the proceeds from BlushBreeze sales will be donated to the Susan G. Komen organization for breast cancer research.
BlushBreeze – which is sold exclusively to Fanimation dealers – is available while supplies last. The portable fan is USB-powered and includes a fold-out tripod and a smartphone holder. Dealers can purchase this fan for use in sales promotions and special events to raise awareness for breast cancer and the need for community programs and continued research.
To order BlushBreeze (MF97), dealers should contact their Fanimation sales agent or call Fanimation at (888) 567-2055.
Quick Breast Cancer Statistics
- 1 in 8 U.S. women will develop invasive breast cancer over the course of her lifetime.
- An estimated 268,000+ new cases of invasive breast cancer were diagnosed in 2019, along with nearly 63,000 new cases of non-invasive (in situ) breast cancer.
- More than 2,500 new cases of invasive breast cancer were diagnosed in men in 2019.
- For women in the U.S., breast cancer death rates are higher than those for any other cancer, besides lung cancer.
- The most significant risk factors for breast cancer are gender (being a woman) and age (growing older).